Who are we?
The Berwyn Arts Council (BAC) is made up of Berwyn residents, business owners, and artists who have created an organization that supports and promotes the arts and artists in Berwyn. We are an all-volunteer 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and we strongly believe in the positive role art can have in people's daily lives.
What do we do?
Because we exist to serve the community, our primary goal is to promote opportunities for Berwyn residents to participate in the arts. In the short term, we support artists and arts organizations in the community. We advocate for public art, encourage young artists in our schools and create networking events for artists to share ideas, problems and solutions.
The Berwyn Arts Council is devoted to the enrichment of our community by advocating the integration of the arts into community life, by fostering arts education, and by supporting artists and art organizations.
- To increase the participation and enjoyment of the arts by local people as well as visitors and tourists
- To encourage and to promote artistic activities of all kinds - writing, acting, painting, photography, film, music, dance and more
- To assist and encourage Berwyn area school children by creating opportunities to include art in their lives
- To create a sense of community among the artists who live, work, teach, show or perform in the Berwyn area
- To encourage sponsorship of and participation in artistic activities by the Berwyn business community, city government and other institutions
- To serve as a source of information and communication between all groups and individuals involved in the local arts scene
- To maintain communications with arts councils and organizations on the local, state and national levels
- Charlie De Leonardis
- Jon Fey
- Mike Helbing
- Wendy Ritchey
- Gina Lambert
- Antonia Ruppert